You Can Actually Re-Create Cara Delevingne’s Trending Hairstyle At Home
Mon, 8 August 2016 2:19PM
It’s a new look for everyone’s fave kick-ass actor, model and eyebrow-extraordinaire. The Suicide Squad actor usually sticks to straight, unbrushed vibes when it comes to her hair. But it seems her recent chop has inspired her to mix it up a bit!
Cara was seen leaving Claridge’s Hotel in her well-loved pink beanie and…crimped hair. Wait, what?! Yup, crimps are trending right now – but not the crimps of your childhood years – the 2016 crimp is more like a tight wave, and it’s been seen on all our favourite it-girls, including Gigi Hadid.
The best bit? You can easily – no seriously, EASILY – get this for yourself.
- Starting with damp hair, mist strands with a sea salt spray, then plait your hair as close to the scalp as possible – this will insure your crimping starts close to the roots for extra volume.
- Next, plait small sections of hair at a time, so eventually your entire head is plaits. These don’t need to be super tiny – around a 5cm/5cm section each time.
- Dry hair off with the hairdryer nozzle facing down your plaits, to prevent frizz. Alternatively, dry them off so they’re mildly damp, and then sleep in them.
- Once your plaits are dry, gently undo them. Avoid brushing your hair – this will only cause frizz! Instead, try finger combing them so they sit nicely.
- Rock your Cara inspired look around town, maybe you could even try out a pink beanie?
Would you wear this look? Let us know x
Posted by: Cassandra Green